Thursday, March 11, 2010

101 things in 1001 days becomes a bucket list

Saturday night, I found myself alone in some random church parking lot with a flat tire.  To make a long story short, I learned how to change a tire.   while I was not the one who changed the tire, it looked very simple: jack car up, remove bolts to remove hubcaps.  remove bolts from tire.  pop tire off.  pop new tire on, put bolts on, and if the tire is the right size, put hubcap and those bolts on.  lower jack.  tahdah!  so now just trying to think what else i would classify as simple car maintenance in order to cross this item off my list.  already know what there is to know about the oil (how to check, how to refill) and how decipher various messages my car might tell me.  also learned how to replace a headlight bulb over winter break too.  I feel like there should be something else, but am at loss as to what. hmm....

a few weeks ago, I swear I saw a shooting star.  and then I realized, if I am alone with no one else around me, how can I verify if I really saw a shooting star or if it was just a trick of the eye and light.... I was driving along a two-lane interstate alone, so I am sad to say it is possible I have my hopes up.

little else has been done since the last update.  as much as I want to complete these items, I just don't foresee myself doing them ALL in a year.  which leads me to the decision to change things up.  instead of a 101 things in 1001 days project, change it to a 'bucket list' and continue on my merry way of knocking items of the list and adding new ones as they come to me.  some revisions will have to be made to reflect the removal of an ultimate deadline but I'll feel less of a failure in the long run.

No comments: