I originally started this back on January 1st but after feeling like too many of my items were meeting failure, I took another look at my list, made some revisions and a new target date. My list is on the sidebar for long term reference but I'm putting it on this entry as well. The list needs to be sorted and I will try to do that as soon as possible. There are also a few items with a * next to them. those items require a brief explanation, as they are ones I ran into major problems with but still feel they are worthwhile and need to attempt them. I've put in place a few rules for myself
-I am allowed five removals. If I wish to remove an item from my list, I am allowed to do so, given I explain why and I am allowed to do this a total of five times.
-I am allowed three slip ups before I must do the donation bit (see final item on list). I need to document the slip ups.
Well, here's my list
Learn
1. Learn to drive stick shift
2. Learn 10 Chinese characters and put at least one into some form of art
3. Learn about 5 religions I am unfamiliar with
4. Learn to make a dream catcher
5. Learn and win a game of Guitar Hero
6. Learn and win a game of Dance Dance Revolution
7. Learn to draw a comic or manga
8. Learn to draw
9. Learn how to do makeup
10. Learn basic American Sign Language class
11. Learn simple car maintenance
12. Learn how to meditate and do so everyday for two weeks
13. Learn to do a split
14. Learn 3-5 martial art moves
15. Learn to do a cartwheel
16. Learn to do a handstand
17. Learn to break dance
18. Learn to swing dance
19. Learn to do a back-handspring
20. Learn to do a flip
21. Learn 4 yoga moves. Two easy, one medium and one hard
22. Learn 5 self defense moves
23. Learn to walk in high heels
Environment/Nature
24. Find 20 ways to be more environmental friendly and practice them
25. Recycle cans, plastics and glass
26. See the sunrise on the ocean
Places
27. Go to the zoo
28. Visit Disney World again
29. Visit Reddish Knob again
30. Go to Bunnyman Bridge
Creativity
31. Attempt Project 365
32. Create some form of abstract art or collage
33. Make a documentary or other film, even if it's just for fun
34. Chronicle a day in my life through Polaroid Pictures
35. Finish writing a novel story
36. Keep a steady hand written journal - steady means write at least three times a week
School
37. Go to the Captains Ball
38. Go to one of my school's football games (working it doesn't count!)
39. Attend all classes (sickness/legitimate excuses aside)
40. Get my undergraduate degree
41. Determine at least three serious possibilities for post CNU
42. Cut down on my procrastination ***
Organizational
43. Create and maintain a catalog of my book collection
44. Keep my room clean/organize for 30 days straight
45. Sort through websites I belong to and delete any accounts I have not touched in at least three months. Do this every three months
46. Organize photos (both digitally and physically) and attempt scrap booking
47. Sort through email accounts and assign the websites that go with them
48. Organize my music library and sort music into play lists
Computer
49. Change my computer habits for the better ***
50. Go one week (seven days) without Facebook or Myspace at least twice a semester
Health/Fitness/Food
51. Get my hearing checked
52. Eat something I think I will hate at least once a month
53. Learn to cook/bake at least 10 things every two months
54. Learn 5 foods or habits every two months that put me at greater risk for diabetes
55. Drink only two 20oz caffeinated beverages a day *
56. Avoid dessert foods for a whole month, at least twice a year
57. Go to the Freeman Center at least three times a month during the school year
58. Improve dental health
Friends
59. Go on a road trip with some friends
60. Dance in the pouring rain with some friends
61. Go camping with some friends
62. List 100 things that make me happy about my closest loved ones
63. Use a public photo booth to take silly pictures with a least five different friends
64. Send at least one package through bday_packages a month
Goodwill
65. Leave 50 anonymous feel good messages a year
66. Smile at every person I see for a day
67. Go through my clothing at the end of each season and donate anything that has not been worn to charity
Fun/Experiences
68. Go to a live Rocky Horror Picture Show
69. Have a slumber party
70. Bungee jump
71. Watch a meteor shower
72. See a production at the Ferguson Center
73. See a Broadway production in New York
74. Sit on a rooftop
75. Go to a concert of a band I like (lose my concert virginity)
76. See at least 5 new movies every four months
77. Read at least 50 books a year besides textbooks
Wishes/Desires
78. See and get a photo of the legendary three legged deer at Camp Crowell
79. Have a boyfriend for at least a month
80. Save up $500 for a DSLR by graduation
81. See a shooting star
Personal
82. Write a list of 101 things that make me happy
83. Write a list of 50 non-physical things I like about myself
Miscellaneous
84. Send a card to PostSecret at least every 6 months
85. Try on a decent corset (and perhaps buy it if it looks good)
Items 86-99 TBD
100. Make a new list to start up March 1, 2011
101. Donate $2 to charity for every item not completed, with the exception of wishes/desires
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment